Point of Sale Program
Cause Marketing & Point of Sale
A cause marketing partnership with The Salvation Army is an exciting opportunity to engage your customers and employees in reaching your philanthropic goals, while increasing sales and brand awareness.
Not only do these partnerships strengthen the loyalty of your customers and employees and enhance your corporate reputation, they also influence purchasing behaviors. According to the 2013 Cone Communications Social Impact Study:
Nearly all US Consumers (93%) say that when a company supports a cause, they have a more positive image of the company.
50% of global consumers surveyed are willing to pay more for goods and services from companies that give back to society.
91% are likely to switch brands to one that is associated with a good cause, given similar price and quality.
Point of Sale
Point of sale campaigns can take several different forms and are a great way to showcase your support for The Salvation Army in a very visible and actionable way. Here are a few ways you can invite your customers to engage in your corporate philanthropy.
- Ask customers if they'd like to add a donation to The Salvation Army to their purchase (online or in-store).
- Host a kettle campaign.
- Donate a portion of sales on a day or during a time period to The Salvation Army.
- Add a donate option to your point of sale software during a month long period.
- Will provide you with talking points for your associates as well as artwork to promote the campaign in-store, at the register, and online.
- Ask customers if they would like to round their purchase up to the nearest dollar and explain that their additional contribution will benefit The Salvation Army.
Each year The Salvation Army coordinates back-to-school events and distributions for families in need of a helping. From collecting supplies from local donors and partnering businesses, to stuffing backpacks and coordinating events, The Salvation Army relies on the hearts and hands of supporters and volunteers to make these events possible.
For more information please contact Tatsu Sasaki, Associate Director of Development, at 808.440.1834, or e-mail Tatsu.Sasaki@usw.salvationarmy.org. Or fill out the contact form below and we will reach out to you regarding your submission. Thank you for your interest in partnering with us.